Just in time for the holidays, a new musical version of the modern classic Christmas movie A Christmas Story begins performances at the Kansas City Repertory Theatre. The show’s libretto is by Joseph Robinette, and the score is by Scott Davenport Richards. The musical is based on the 1983 film about young Ralphie Parker’s quest to get an air rifle for Christmas (the movie was based on humorist Jean Shepherd’s stories). This production of A Christmas Story, The Musical! plays at the Kansas City Rep through December 27. Songs from the musical include “I Won (A Major Award),” “On Christmas, We Go Eat Chinese,” “Ho, Ho, Ho!” and of course “You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out!” The show is aiming for a Broadway run in 2010.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016