Just in time for the holidays, a new musical version of the modern classic Christmas movie A Christmas Story begins performances at the Kansas City Repertory Theatre. The show’s libretto is by Joseph Robinette, and the score is by Scott Davenport Richards. The musical is based on the 1983 film about young Ralphie Parker’s quest to get an air rifle for Christmas (the movie was based on humorist Jean Shepherd’s stories). This production of A Christmas Story, The Musical! plays at the Kansas City Rep through December 27. Songs from the musical include “I Won (A Major Award),” “On Christmas, We Go Eat Chinese,” “Ho, Ho, Ho!” and of course “You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out!” The show is aiming for a Broadway run in 2010.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Sara Bareilles Revisits Waitress; Jason Mraz Extends - December 9, 2017
- Mark Rylance Begins in “Farinelli and the King” - December 8, 2017
- Steve Martin’s “Meteor Shower” Earns Mixed Reviews - December 2, 2017
- “Home for the Holidays” is a Surefire Flop - November 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows at the Thanksgiving Day Parade - November 19, 2017