You may have been on a New York City bus tour or even a boat tour…but a duck tour? Well, now’s your chance. Starting in Times Square and making its way through Manhattan and then into the waters of the Hudson River (yes, you read that correctly; the “Duck” is an amphibious vehicle that transitions easily from land to water) the vehicle was inspired by the voyages of Henry Hudson’s ship The Half-Moon. Hudson, for those who need a refresher, was the 16th century explorer who is known for discovering both New York and the Hudson River.The road and river tour, that was up-until recently known as the New York Splash Tour, includes travels to view some of New York’s most famous sights (tour guides are on hand to point them out); and a stop in the NYC Ducks Theater, where you’ll experience a multimedia motion-simulator ride that mimics Hudson’s journey across the Atlantic (complete with rushing wind). While “Duck” tours are available at other locations around the world, this is the only one that offers the multimedia experience. The tour culminates with a splash into the Hudson River for a fabulous view of Manhattan. The Duck returns to Times Square after the tour.
The tour lasts between 60 and 75 minutes; and tickets can be purchased online (http://www.coachusa.com/nycducks/) or by calling 1-888-838-2570. Tour check-in is on 8th Avenue near Restaurant Row; the exact location will be given when you make your reservation. Departures are offered daily April-November.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen - Broadway Show Maven (see all)
- Hugh Jackman to Host the 2014 Tony Awards, Sunday June 8, 2014 - March 8, 2014
- Broadway Stars at the 2014 Oscars - March 3, 2014
- Heterosexual Males Prove To Be An Elusive Audience For Broadway Producers - February 25, 2014
- Dodger Theatricals’ Matilda Offers Discount Tickets At The TKTS Booth, But Nowhere Else - February 24, 2014
- Broadway Understudy Documentary Coming Soon to Theaters - February 17, 2014