Blues and barbeque go together like, well, blues and barbecue. Or baseball and hot dogs. Ice cream and hot fudge. In any event, two things that go really well together. So the Hudson River Park’s “Blues BBQ Festival” in New York City, celebrating its 10th Anniversary this Sunday, August 23, offers a classic match.
Held at Pier 54 (Eleventh Avenue at 13th Street in Manhattan), the festival, taking place from 2-9 PM, rain or shine, offers up rib-sticking favorites–and just plain ribs—from Brother Jimmy’s BBQ, Dallas Jones Bar-B-Q, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, and Mara’s Homemade.
Blues bands from across the country will perform, including Mississippi Delta artist Eden Brent, who’s known for her jazz and blues standards, at 2:30 PM; and the Homemade Jamz Blues Band at 3:45 PM; the event culminates with R&B and blues guitarist Michael Burks at 7:30PM.
This Southern-tinged event may be a natural for fans, but it also offers the uninitiated a chance to partake of a classic form of American food and music.
After all, barbeque in August is as classic, as, well, barbeque in August.
Admission is free; call (212) 627-2020 for more information.
Latest posts by Michael Tubbs (see all)
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 02/11/18 - February 13, 2018
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 02/04/18 - February 7, 2018
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 01/28/18 - January 30, 2018
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 01/21/18 - January 24, 2018
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 01/14/18 - January 18, 2018