Dozens of New Yorkers may suddenly “decide” to walk through Central Park Friday morning in the hopes of glimpsing America’s reigning talk-show host, but sadly, chances are slim and tickets are reserved when Oprah Winfrey comes to town tomorrow.
Winfrey is heading to the SummerStage at Rumsey Playfield in Central Park to broadcast; the show will air live on Friday at 10 am Eastern time. (Again, spots in the audience are by reservation only; don’t expect just to show up.)
Winfrey’s guests will include Mariah Carey, the top-selling female recording artist in history, who will most likely perform a song from her new album, “Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel.” She will also give Oprah an exclusive interview (topics are expected to include, no surprise, her career and marriage to Nick Cannon.)
Ever-perky Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa are also expected to pop in after doing their own show that morning.
Other (famous) unannounced guests will undoubtedly show up, and Winfrey will also announce her 63rd book club selection. The enormously influential book club has helped a number of books achieve bestseller status, and has also uncovered some controversial selections, like James Frey’s largely made-up “A Million Little Pieces.” Selections from 2008 included “The Story of Edgar Sawtelle,” by David Wrobleski, and Eckhart Tolle’s “A New Earth.”
Latest posts by Michael Tubbs (see all)
- “A Bronx Tale” Soars Ahead at the Box Office - February 22, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 02/19/17 - February 22, 2017
- CBS Contemplating Colbert and Corden Seismic Lineup Shift - February 17, 2017
- Lorne Michaels Continues To Feed The SNL Anti-Trump Rhetoric Spew Machine - February 16, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 02/12/17 - February 15, 2017