Say what you like about New York, it has some of the best restaurants, most obsessed foodies and most diverse cuisine of just about anywhere. This week, “Epicurious Entertains New York” comes to town to prove the point. The event, which starts today (Sept. 30) and runs through Sunday, October 4, features demonstrations and celebrity-chef meals (both dinner and lunch) in a pop-up space near Union Square (837 Broadway at 18th Street). And in a city that’s not easily impressed, you will pretty much be wowed by the chefs that are appearing: Everyone from Daniel Boulud (Daniel; DB Bistro Moderne) and Mario Batali (Babbo) to Zak Pelaccio (Fatty Crab) and Paul Liebrandt (Corton).
Events include an homage to culinary innovation (Oct. 1, 11:30 am-3:30 pm) called “Intelligent Entertaining”; it features chefs and bartenders who are as much techno-geeks as they are chefs. October 3 brings “Cooking with Kids”: As an enticement, someone from Magnolia Bakery will be on hand. It’s strictly BYOK (Bring Your Own Kid.) Some of the events are sold out, so be sure to check (800-922-1691).
The culminating event? “Fatty Sunday: A Zak Pelaccio Lunchtime Feast” (12-7 pm). Pelaccio will whip up treats from his new restaurant, Fatty ‘cue, as football season kicks off.
What says fall better than strange edible infusions, five-course meals, and lots of smoked meat?
If you’re in New York, pretty much nothing.
Latest posts by Michael Tubbs (see all)
- Broadway Box Office Settling Into Winter Nadir - January 19, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 01/15/2017 - January 18, 2017
- East Side Story: Frozen, Harry Potter Knife Fight Scheduled For 2018 - January 11, 2017
- Broadway Box Office Still on High in the New Year - January 10, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 01/08/2017 - January 10, 2017