Here’s a new spin on Veteran’s Day in New York City: Choose a lipstick, pucker up, and kiss a postcard.
Well, there’s more to it than that: Cosmopolitan Magazine and Maybelline New York have teamed up with the USO for “Kisses for the Troops,” a program designed to deliver “kisses” to troops serving overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Here’s how it works: The “Cosmo Kisses for the Troops” van will be roaming around the city today with a military escort and uniformed personnel. Those New Yorkers who are lip-ready and willing to participate will be offered a choice of Maybelline lipsticks with which to smack a postcard; the cards will be delivered to the troops in time for New Year’s Eve.
In addition, Cosmo and Maybelline will donate one dollar for each kiss to the USO.
But wait–there’s more! All kisses logged in between 7 am and 7 pm today will count towards setting a new Guinness World record for most lip prints collected in 12 hours. (Have many people tried to set that one??)
Want to get in on the action? The van will be found at various points across the city today, including Times Square (8:30-10:30 am); Union Square (11:00-1:00 PM); NYU, near West 8th Street and 6th Avenue (3:30-5:30 PM); and the Meat Packing District (6:00-7:00 PM). Call (212) 649-2577 for more information—and pucker up for Veteran’s Day!
Latest posts by Michael Tubbs (see all)
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 10/08/17 - October 10, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 10/01/17 - October 4, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 09/24/17 - September 28, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 09/17/17 - September 20, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 09/10/17 - September 13, 2017