Missed New York’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Haven’t had your fill yet? Can’t get enough of marching bands?
You’re in luck—the 77-piece Majestic Marching Knights Band from Ballou Senior High School in Washington, DC, will finish up their stint in the parade and then appear tonight at the David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center. Part of the Target Free Thursdays series, the band, under the direction of Darrell Watson, will appear at 8:30 PM (Doors open at 7 PM.)
The Atrium, a new public space at Lincoln Center, is located on Broadway between 62nd and 63rd Streets.) Upcoming concerts (all are free) include flutists Aaron White and Shawn Wyckoff (Dec. 3); the ZigZag Quartet (piano, guitar, bass, percussion; Dec. 10); and the Ted Rosenthal Trio (piano; bass, drums; Dec. 24). Performers are culled from community arts organizations, Lincoln Center’s resident organizations, and events programmed by the director of Public Programming there.
The band has performed at The White House and in the Tournament of Roses Parade, and has appeared on “Good Morning, America,” as well as at a rally for Hillary Clinton. They were also featured in the documentary “Ballou,” which shows viewers the enormous odds the band members and the band itself have overcome.
Expect lots of loud, celebratory, rousing music–perfect to get you geared up for Black Friday.
Latest posts by Michael Tubbs (see all)
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 09/25/2016 - September 28, 2016
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 09/18/2016 - September 21, 2016
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 09/11/2016 - September 14, 2016
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 09/04/2016 - September 6, 2016
- Ultimate Failure of the Prime Time Variety TV Show Modern Reboot - August 29, 2016