Who says that people should get all the goodies around the holidays?
Well, that’s not the case at New York City’s Central Park Zoo. For the next three weekends (Dec. 5-6; 12-13; 19-20) the animals are the ones getting the treats at the “Wild Holiday Party: Presents to the Animals” event. Not surprisingly, the treats in this case are of the edible variety.
The polar bears, of course, top the list of must-sees: Gus and Ida (yup, those are their names) get goodies like frozen “Fishsicles” (yum!) peanut-butter-covered balls, and turkey legs (just like Disney World!) You can see them getting their gifts at 1:00 pm Saturday and Sunday.
The snow monkeys also get their due. You know how much fun it is for kids–or anyone, really–to rip off the wrappings from presents? Well, in the same spirit, they get to un-decorate trees decked out with oranges, apples and cranberries. (10:15 am; Saturday and Sunday).
Head over to one of the newest zoo acquisitions–the snow leopards—to see Zoë, Bob, and Chocolate receive their feline feast (10:30 am; Saturday and Sunday), while over at the Red Panda area, bamboo delicacies top their gift list (1:30 PM; Saturday and Sunday).
The Central Park Zoo is located is 64th Street and Fifth Avenue; call (212) 439-6500 for more information.
While you’re there, of course, don’t forget to check out the Children’s Zoo and the ever-amazing penguins—there may not be giant turkey legs, but you’ll still have a great time.
Latest posts by Michael Tubbs (see all)
- Hamilton’s Weekly Ticket Gross Exceeding $3 Million May Be Misleading - November 30, 2016
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 11/27/2016 - November 29, 2016
- Industry Dips as “Dear Evan Hansen” Thrives at B.O. - November 23, 2016
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 11/20/2016 - November 22, 2016
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 11/13/2016 - November 15, 2016