Secretly longing to go to the Academy Awards? (Really, who isn’t?) Wishing you could jet off to the land of palm trees, paparazzi, and pampering like the stars? Well, we can’t promise you any of that unless you’re Angelina Jolie, but if you’re in New York City on Oscar Day (March 7) you too can have your taste of Oscar glamour.
This year, for the first time, a live viewing of the Oscars will be held at Alice Tully Hall in Lincoln Center, it was announced this week. The celebration, which comes complete with a cocktail reception (as well a minimum price tag of $150, depending on the package that’s purchased), is the final event in a weeklong celebration of Academy Award-winning movies that were filmed or took place in New York City; they’re being screened at the Film Society of Lincoln Center. (Tickets go on sale Feb. 11; call 212 875-5601) The website is nycgo.com/oscarnight.
It’s the first time that Oscar Night America, a series of events that take place across the country to raise money for various local charities, has set up shop in New York. Proceeds from the event will go to NYC & Company Foundation.
So quick–can you name any New York-centric movies?
For starters–pretty much anything by Woody Allen, as well as Taxi Driver, West Side Story, Midnight Cowboy, and even the recent Julie & Julia.
Who says LA has all the fun?
Latest posts by Michael Tubbs (see all)
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 03/11/18 - March 13, 2018
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 03/04/18 - March 6, 2018
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 02/25/18 - February 27, 2018
- Wendy Williams Illness Threatens To Jeopardize Her TV Show - February 26, 2018
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 02/18/18 - February 22, 2018