The Empire State Building on 34th Street and Fifth Avenue, just added a new lighting system that means that the lights for this monumental building now use 50% less power. The super-efficient commercial LED lighting system cost over a million dollars to install and will recoup its investment within 2 years from the power consumption savings. The iconic Empire State Building has been cleaning up its act as “The Top Of The Rock” at 30 Rockefeller Plaza just overtook it in number of visitors per year. Normally the lights are switched off at midnight to save money and avoid neighbor complaints. Often the lights at night can cause havoc with air traffic as it can blind airline pilots coming in to La Guardia or Newark airports.
The building is responding to other challenges too, from record high office space availability as many of its tenants have either gone out of business or moved to cheaper climes like uptown, downtown or even New Jersey and Long Island.
Latest posts by Michael Tubbs (see all)
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 09/25/2016 - September 28, 2016
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 09/18/2016 - September 21, 2016
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 09/11/2016 - September 14, 2016
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 09/04/2016 - September 6, 2016
- Ultimate Failure of the Prime Time Variety TV Show Modern Reboot - August 29, 2016