Based on a true story, Irena’s Vow is about a young Polish woman (played by Tony Award nominee Tovah Feldshuh) who bravely hid a dozen Jewish people in a German officer’s home while she served as his housekeeper during World War II.
Although playwright Dan Gordon occasionally resorts to cliches in re-telling this true tale, the little-known story of an unsung woman’s sacrifice during the Holocaust is still very inspiring and goes to show what feats of strength people are capable of in seemingly impossible circumstances.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” Sets Closing Date - May 20, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Opens to Rave Reviews - April 28, 2018
- Tony Awards Committee Determines More Eligibility - April 21, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Opens at Studio 54 - April 14, 2018
- “Rocktopia” Opens to Negative Reviews - March 31, 2018