Based on a true story, Irena’s Vow is about a young Polish woman (played by Tony Award nominee Tovah Feldshuh) who bravely hid a dozen Jewish people in a German officer’s home while she served as his housekeeper during World War II.
Although playwright Dan Gordon occasionally resorts to cliches in re-telling this true tale, the little-known story of an unsung woman’s sacrifice during the Holocaust is still very inspiring and goes to show what feats of strength people are capable of in seemingly impossible circumstances.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Holiday Inn, The New Irving Berlin Musical” Begins Previews - September 2, 2016
- Broadway Shows Performed at Grand Central’s Summer Send-Off - August 28, 2016
- “Finding Neverland” Plays Final Performance - August 20, 2016
- Colbert to Host Live Election Night Special on Premium Cable Channel - August 19, 2016
- Ending and Beginnings: Delays, Closures, and Transfers on Broadway - August 14, 2016