Based on a true story, Irena’s Vow is about a young Polish woman (played by Tony Award nominee Tovah Feldshuh) who bravely hid a dozen Jewish people in a German officer’s home while she served as his housekeeper during World War II.
Although playwright Dan Gordon occasionally resorts to cliches in re-telling this true tale, the little-known story of an unsung woman’s sacrifice during the Holocaust is still very inspiring and goes to show what feats of strength people are capable of in seemingly impossible circumstances.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Escape to Margaritaville” Opens to Negative Reviews - March 17, 2018
- Kenneth Lonergan’s “Lobby Hero” Begins Previews - March 9, 2018
- Angels in America Begins Previews in Repertory - February 24, 2018
- “Wicked” Is Now the 7th Longest Running Show on Broadway - February 17, 2018
- Denzel Washington to Return in “Iceman Cometh” - February 3, 2018