Based on a true story, Irena’s Vow is about a young Polish woman (played by Tony Award nominee Tovah Feldshuh) who bravely hid a dozen Jewish people in a German officer’s home while she served as his housekeeper during World War II.
Although playwright Dan Gordon occasionally resorts to cliches in re-telling this true tale, the little-known story of an unsung woman’s sacrifice during the Holocaust is still very inspiring and goes to show what feats of strength people are capable of in seemingly impossible circumstances.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- Uma Thurman Begins in “The Parisian Woman” - November 11, 2017
- Roundabout Names New Resident Directors - November 4, 2017
- “Prince of Broadway” Plays Final Show Today - October 29, 2017
- “Hamilton” Pushes Ticketmaster to Sue Brokers - October 20, 2017
- “Pretty Woman” to Land on Broadway Next Fall - October 14, 2017