Based on a true story, Irena’s Vow is about a young Polish woman (played by Tony Award nominee Tovah Feldshuh) who bravely hid a dozen Jewish people in a German officer’s home while she served as his housekeeper during World War II.
Although playwright Dan Gordon occasionally resorts to cliches in re-telling this true tale, the little-known story of an unsung woman’s sacrifice during the Holocaust is still very inspiring and goes to show what feats of strength people are capable of in seemingly impossible circumstances.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Hamilton” Had Its Highest Grossing Week Ever - December 30, 2017
- “John Lithgow: Stories by Heart” Begins Previews - December 23, 2017
- “The Children” Opens to Mostly Positive Reviews - December 15, 2017
- Bette Midler Gears Up for End of “Hello, Dolly!” - December 10, 2017
- “The Parisian Woman” Opens to Negative Reviews - December 3, 2017