Although this is not considered to be one of Mamet’s best plays, and both the director and actors have made a few less-than-effective choices in this production, Oleanna still succeeds at being a fantastic conversation starter (in fact, each 80-minute performance is followed by a lively audience talkback with special panelists). Serving as a virtual Rorschach test for viewers, the play provokes questions about sexual politics, higher education, political correctness, feminism, male aggression, and class differences that will have you arguing with your theater companions for the rest of the night.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Hamilton” a Hit with the President, Celebrities, and Audiences - November 22, 2015
- “King Charles III” Opens at the Music Box Theatre - November 12, 2015
- “A View From The Bridge” Begins Previews at the Lyceum Theatre - October 24, 2015
- “Dames at Sea” Begins Previews on Broadway - September 27, 2015
- “Fool for Love” Begins Previews on Broadway - September 19, 2015