Although this is not considered to be one of Mamet’s best plays, and both the director and actors have made a few less-than-effective choices in this production, Oleanna still succeeds at being a fantastic conversation starter (in fact, each 80-minute performance is followed by a lively audience talkback with special panelists). Serving as a virtual Rorschach test for viewers, the play provokes questions about sexual politics, higher education, political correctness, feminism, male aggression, and class differences that will have you arguing with your theater companions for the rest of the night.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Dear Evan Hansen” Begins Previews at the Music Box Theatre - November 19, 2016
- “Falsettos” Opens to Great Reviews - November 4, 2016
- “The Cherry Orchard” is a Disappointing Flop - October 22, 2016
- “Oh, Hello” Begins Performances at the Lyceum Theatre - October 8, 2016
- “Holiday Inn, The New Irving Berlin Musical” Begins Previews - September 2, 2016