Based on the adventures of the grumpy green ogre Shrek in the William Steig book and the Oscar-winning film, this new Broadway version of the funny, enchanting story features Shrek, his wisecracking sidekick Donkey, lovely Princess Fiona, vain Lord Farquaad, and a wacky chorus of neurotic fairytale creatures, with a fun, original new score.
Seeing the giant cartoonish ogre live on a Broadway stage might be a bit of a shock, but the people behind Shrek the Musical have taken care to enlist Broadway’s very best talents. Among them are performers Brian d’Arcy James as Shrek, Daniel Breaker as Donkey, and Sutton Foster as Princess Fiona; bookwriter David Lindsay-Abaire (author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Rabbit Hole and off-kilter plays Fuddy Meers and Wonder of the World); and songwriter Jeanine Tesori (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Caroline or Change). They’re sure to provide lots of fun for the whole family.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- Uma Thurman Begins in “The Parisian Woman” - November 11, 2017
- Roundabout Names New Resident Directors - November 4, 2017
- “Prince of Broadway” Plays Final Show Today - October 29, 2017
- “Hamilton” Pushes Ticketmaster to Sue Brokers - October 20, 2017
- “Pretty Woman” to Land on Broadway Next Fall - October 14, 2017