Based on the adventures of the grumpy green ogre Shrek in the William Steig book and the Oscar-winning film, this new Broadway version of the funny, enchanting story features Shrek, his wisecracking sidekick Donkey, lovely Princess Fiona, vain Lord Farquaad, and a wacky chorus of neurotic fairytale creatures, with a fun, original new score.
Seeing the giant cartoonish ogre live on a Broadway stage might be a bit of a shock, but the people behind Shrek the Musical have taken care to enlist Broadway’s very best talents. Among them are performers Brian d’Arcy James as Shrek, Daniel Breaker as Donkey, and Sutton Foster as Princess Fiona; bookwriter David Lindsay-Abaire (author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Rabbit Hole and off-kilter plays Fuddy Meers and Wonder of the World); and songwriter Jeanine Tesori (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Caroline or Change). They’re sure to provide lots of fun for the whole family.
Sangrit loves working in New York City, he often writes advice columns on what to do for fun here. He is a frequent Broadway attendee and loves to write mostly about the intersection between art and commerce
Favorite TV Talk Show: Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay - Broadway Reviews (see all)
- Newsies Still Packs Them In, a Year After Jeremy Jordan Departed - November 4, 2013
- Henry Winkler and Cheyenne Jackson in “The Performers” – Broadway Show Review - November 14, 2012
- Grace Broadway Show Review - October 13, 2012
- Chaplin Broadway Show Review - September 18, 2012
- Going Into the Woods in Central Park - August 25, 2012