Based on the adventures of the grumpy green ogre Shrek in the William Steig book and the Oscar-winning film, this new Broadway version of the funny, enchanting story features Shrek, his wisecracking sidekick Donkey, lovely Princess Fiona, vain Lord Farquaad, and a wacky chorus of neurotic fairytale creatures, with a fun, original new score.
Seeing the giant cartoonish ogre live on a Broadway stage might be a bit of a shock, but the people behind Shrek the Musical have taken care to enlist Broadway’s very best talents. Among them are performers Brian d’Arcy James as Shrek, Daniel Breaker as Donkey, and Sutton Foster as Princess Fiona; bookwriter David Lindsay-Abaire (author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Rabbit Hole and off-kilter plays Fuddy Meers and Wonder of the World); and songwriter Jeanine Tesori (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Caroline or Change). They’re sure to provide lots of fun for the whole family.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- Tony Awards Committee Determines More Eligibility - April 21, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Opens at Studio 54 - April 14, 2018
- “Rocktopia” Opens to Negative Reviews - March 31, 2018
- “Frozen” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - March 25, 2018
- “Escape to Margaritaville” Opens to Negative Reviews - March 17, 2018