Based on the adventures of the grumpy green ogre Shrek in the William Steig book and the Oscar-winning film, this new Broadway version of the funny, enchanting story features Shrek, his wisecracking sidekick Donkey, lovely Princess Fiona, vain Lord Farquaad, and a wacky chorus of neurotic fairytale creatures, with a fun, original new score.
Seeing the giant cartoonish ogre live on a Broadway stage might be a bit of a shock, but the people behind Shrek the Musical have taken care to enlist Broadway’s very best talents. Among them are performers Brian d’Arcy James as Shrek, Daniel Breaker as Donkey, and Sutton Foster as Princess Fiona; bookwriter David Lindsay-Abaire (author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Rabbit Hole and off-kilter plays Fuddy Meers and Wonder of the World); and songwriter Jeanine Tesori (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Caroline or Change). They’re sure to provide lots of fun for the whole family.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “The Color Purple” Reborn in Critically Acclaimed Revival - December 26, 2015
- Ambassador Theatre Group to Turn the Hudson Theatre into Broadway’s 41st - December 19, 2015
- Ivo van Hove’s “A View from the Bridge” a Favorite with Critics - December 2, 2015
- “Hamilton” a Hit with the President, Celebrities, and Audiences - November 25, 2015
- “King Charles III” Opens at the Music Box Theatre - November 12, 2015