Based on the adventures of the grumpy green ogre Shrek in the William Steig book and the Oscar-winning film, this new Broadway version of the funny, enchanting story features Shrek, his wisecracking sidekick Donkey, lovely Princess Fiona, vain Lord Farquaad, and a wacky chorus of neurotic fairytale creatures, with a fun, original new score.
Seeing the giant cartoonish ogre live on a Broadway stage might be a bit of a shock, but the people behind Shrek the Musical have taken care to enlist Broadway’s very best talents. Among them are performers Brian d’Arcy James as Shrek, Daniel Breaker as Donkey, and Sutton Foster as Princess Fiona; bookwriter David Lindsay-Abaire (author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Rabbit Hole and off-kilter plays Fuddy Meers and Wonder of the World); and songwriter Jeanine Tesori (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Caroline or Change). They’re sure to provide lots of fun for the whole family.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- New York State Assembly Bans Ticket Buying Bots - June 23, 2016
- “Hamilton” Wins Tony for Best Musical, “The Humans” Wins Best Play - June 13, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” Earns Raves and Nominations - May 12, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for “Tuck Everlasting” on Broadway - May 7, 2016
- “American Psycho” Earns Mixed Reviews but Sweeps Drama Desk Nominations - April 29, 2016