The lives of a New Rochelle family, a ragtime pianist and his girlfriend, and a Latvian immigrant and his daughter all collide in this adaptation of E.L. Doctorow’s novel about the beginning of 20th century America.
Although it is not quite as visually impressive as the handsome original Broadway production, this revival of the epic American musical sounds every bit as beautiful, with a full orchestra and an excellent cast realizing Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens’ gorgeous score full of soaring ballads and syncopated rhythms.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- Kevin Spacey to Host Tony Awards on June 11th - April 21, 2017
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” Earns Mixed Reviews - April 14, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Broadway Debut “Sweat” Opens at Studio 54 - March 25, 2017
- “Groundhog Day – the Musical” Arrives on Broadway - March 19, 2017
- Danny DeVito Stars in Arthur Miller’s “The Price” - February 17, 2017