Based on the beloved animated Disney movie of the same name, Disney’s The Lion King tells the tale of a young cub who flees his home after being convinced by his scheming uncle that he was responsible for his father Mufasa’s death.
Broadway Show Review
Though some aspects of this Broadway musical adaptation of the original film still seem a bit too cartoonish, the African-inspired music composed specifically for the show and director/designer Julie Taymor’s breathtaking puppetry and gorgeous stage effects make The Lion King Disney’s most innovative stage show so far.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” Sets Closing Date - May 20, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Opens to Rave Reviews - April 28, 2018
- Tony Awards Committee Determines More Eligibility - April 21, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Opens at Studio 54 - April 14, 2018
- “Rocktopia” Opens to Negative Reviews - March 31, 2018