Based on the beloved animated Disney movie of the same name, Disney’s The Lion King tells the tale of a young cub who flees his home after being convinced by his scheming uncle that he was responsible for his father Mufasa’s death.
Broadway Show Review
Though some aspects of this Broadway musical adaptation of the original film still seem a bit too cartoonish, the African-inspired music composed specifically for the show and director/designer Julie Taymor’s breathtaking puppetry and gorgeous stage effects make The Lion King Disney’s most innovative stage show so far.
Sangrit loves working in New York City, he often writes advice columns on what to do for fun here. He is a frequent Broadway attendee and loves to write mostly about the intersection between art and commerce
Favorite TV Talk Show: Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay - Broadway Reviews (see all)
- Newsies Still Packs Them In, a Year After Jeremy Jordan Departed - November 4, 2013
- Henry Winkler and Cheyenne Jackson in “The Performers” – Broadway Show Review - November 14, 2012
- Grace Broadway Show Review - October 13, 2012
- Chaplin Broadway Show Review - September 18, 2012
- Going Into the Woods in Central Park - August 25, 2012