Former American Idol contestant Constantine Maroulis stars as a would-be rocker who arrives on L.A.’s Sunset Strip with dreams of fame and glory, but instead finds heartbreak and hard times in this Broadway tribute to the era of hard rockin’ hair bands.
From the little lighter-shaped flashlights they hand you when you enter the theater to the drinks being served during the show, the Broadway musical Rock of Ages has the feel of an awesome rock concert. Oh, yeah, and then there’s the music. If you lived through the ’80s (and cherish great memories of listening to the radio or watching MTV during those years), then you’ll be grinning like an idiot and desperate to sing along as the energetic cast belts out melodic rock favorites like Bon Jovi’s “Wanted Dead or Alive,” Whitesnake’s “Here I Go Again,” and Foreigner’s “I Want To Know What Love Is”. Sure, the show’s story and dialogue is pretty silly (sometimes deliciously, sometimes cringingly), but when they start singing “Don’t Stop Believing,” you’re sure to be waving your lighter in the air with everyone else.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Hamilton” a Hit with the President, Celebrities, and Audiences - November 22, 2015
- “King Charles III” Opens at the Music Box Theatre - November 12, 2015
- “A View From The Bridge” Begins Previews at the Lyceum Theatre - October 24, 2015
- “Dames at Sea” Begins Previews on Broadway - September 27, 2015
- “Fool for Love” Begins Previews on Broadway - September 19, 2015