A very unusual nanny (who just so happens to be practically perfect in every way) helps two rambunctious children connect with their distracted and distant parents – and she shows them a bit of magic along the way. Disney’s Mary Poppins, now a Broadway musical, is based on the beloved P.L. Travers stories and the classic Disney movie of the same name.
Fans of the books will be happy to see that this live action Broadway adaptation of Mary Poppins includes characters and adventures that the popular Disney film left out. Fans of the movie, on the other hand, may miss its simplicity (as well as a few of the songs). But everybody is sure to appreciate the wonderful cast and impressive sets. Be aware that there are a few darker moments in the show that might scare smaller children.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “The Color Purple” Reborn in Critically Acclaimed Revival - December 26, 2015
- Ambassador Theatre Group to Turn the Hudson Theatre into Broadway’s 41st - December 19, 2015
- Ivo van Hove’s “A View from the Bridge” a Favorite with Critics - December 2, 2015
- “Hamilton” a Hit with the President, Celebrities, and Audiences - November 25, 2015
- “King Charles III” Opens at the Music Box Theatre - November 12, 2015