Set during World War II, this classic Rodgers & Hammerstein musical is about a United States Navy nurse named Nellie Forbush, who finds love with handsome French plantation owner Emile de Becque while stationed on an island out in the South Pacific.
A glorious production that does justice to one of the most beloved musicals of the Golden Age of Broadway, Lincoln Center Theatre’s South Pacific revival deals with important themes like love, war, loyalty, and intolerance – and it does so with memorable songs such as “Some Enchanted Evening,” “Younger Than Springtime,” and “There’s Nothing Like a Dame”.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Broadway in Bryant Park” Series Begins July 12th - July 12, 2018
- Kelli O’Hara and Will Chase to Star in “Kiss Me, Kate” - July 7, 2018
- Celebrated Revival of “The Iceman Cometh” Closes - June 30, 2018
- Acclaimed Revival of “Three Tall Women” Closes - June 23, 2018
- “The Prom” Landing on Broadway This Fall - June 15, 2018