Set during World War II, this classic Rodgers & Hammerstein musical is about a United States Navy nurse named Nellie Forbush, who finds love with handsome French plantation owner Emile de Becque while stationed on an island out in the South Pacific.
A glorious production that does justice to one of the most beloved musicals of the Golden Age of Broadway, Lincoln Center Theatre’s South Pacific revival deals with important themes like love, war, loyalty, and intolerance – and it does so with memorable songs such as “Some Enchanted Evening,” “Younger Than Springtime,” and “There’s Nothing Like a Dame”.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Holiday Inn, The New Irving Berlin Musical” Begins Previews - September 2, 2016
- Broadway Shows Performed at Grand Central’s Summer Send-Off - August 28, 2016
- “Finding Neverland” Plays Final Performance - August 20, 2016
- Colbert to Host Live Election Night Special on Premium Cable Channel - August 19, 2016
- Ending and Beginnings: Delays, Closures, and Transfers on Broadway - August 14, 2016