Set during World War II, this classic Rodgers & Hammerstein musical is about a United States Navy nurse named Nellie Forbush, who finds love with handsome French plantation owner Emile de Becque while stationed on an island out in the South Pacific.
A glorious production that does justice to one of the most beloved musicals of the Golden Age of Broadway, Lincoln Center Theatre’s South Pacific revival deals with important themes like love, war, loyalty, and intolerance – and it does so with memorable songs such as “Some Enchanted Evening,” “Younger Than Springtime,” and “There’s Nothing Like a Dame”.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “The Prom” Landing on Broadway This Fall - June 15, 2018
- “Escape to Margaritaville” Sets Closing Date - June 2, 2018
- “Frozen,” “Escape to Margaritaville” to Launch Tours - May 26, 2018
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” Sets Closing Date - May 20, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Opens to Rave Reviews - April 28, 2018