Set during World War II, this classic Rodgers & Hammerstein musical is about a United States Navy nurse named Nellie Forbush, who finds love with handsome French plantation owner Emile de Becque while stationed on an island out in the South Pacific.
A glorious production that does justice to one of the most beloved musicals of the Golden Age of Broadway, Lincoln Center Theatre’s South Pacific revival deals with important themes like love, war, loyalty, and intolerance – and it does so with memorable songs such as “Some Enchanted Evening,” “Younger Than Springtime,” and “There’s Nothing Like a Dame”.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Hamilton” a Hit with the President, Celebrities, and Audiences - November 22, 2015
- “King Charles III” Opens at the Music Box Theatre - November 12, 2015
- “A View From The Bridge” Begins Previews at the Lyceum Theatre - October 24, 2015
- “Dames at Sea” Begins Previews on Broadway - September 27, 2015
- “Fool for Love” Begins Previews on Broadway - September 19, 2015