This dark comedy by the French playwright Yasmina Reza (author of the Tony-winning play Art) is about the aftermath of a playground fight between two young boys and what happens when their supposedly grown-up parents meet to talk about it.
Reza’s latest Broadway show is a very funny but very dark look at marriage and manners. Though the ultimate point of the Tony Award-winning God of Carnage – other than to illustrate that seemingly well-behaved adults can act with as much unthinking cruelty as their children – is unclear, it is still a delight to watch four talented performers throw themselves into hilarious verbal and physical combat with such relish.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Amazing Grace” Begins Previews on Broadway - July 4, 2015
- “The Visit” Closes on Broadway - June 26, 2015
- “Late Show with Stephen Colbert” Debuts Podcast - June 16, 2015
- David Letterman Retires from “Late Show” with Final Episode - May 20, 2015
- The Tony Nominations Have Been Announced! - May 2, 2015