This dark comedy by the French playwright Yasmina Reza (author of the Tony-winning play Art) is about the aftermath of a playground fight between two young boys and what happens when their supposedly grown-up parents meet to talk about it.
Reza’s latest Broadway show is a very funny but very dark look at marriage and manners. Though the ultimate point of the Tony Award-winning God of Carnage – other than to illustrate that seemingly well-behaved adults can act with as much unthinking cruelty as their children – is unclear, it is still a delight to watch four talented performers throw themselves into hilarious verbal and physical combat with such relish.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Groundhog Day” Musical to Close in September - August 19, 2017
- Amy Schumer and Laura Benanti To Star in Steve Martin’s Meteor Shower on Broadway - August 9, 2017
- Michael Moore Begins Previews in Solo Show - July 30, 2017
- “Wicked” is the Second Highest Grossing Show Ever - July 21, 2017
- “Falsettos” Live Broadcast Hits Movie Theaters - July 14, 2017