John Logan’s two-man drama is a thrilling look at the artistic process and also a fascinating biographical sketch of a methodical painter who defied the stereotype of the reckless artist. Those who consider abstract art puzzling will likely find Red quite illuminating, and everybody can appreciate the dynamic performances being given by Molina and by Eddie Redmayne, who plays Rothko’s young assistant, a budding artist with a terrifying past.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Holiday Inn, The New Irving Berlin Musical” Begins Previews - September 2, 2016
- Broadway Shows Performed at Grand Central’s Summer Send-Off - August 28, 2016
- “Finding Neverland” Plays Final Performance - August 20, 2016
- Colbert to Host Live Election Night Special on Premium Cable Channel - August 19, 2016
- Ending and Beginnings: Delays, Closures, and Transfers on Broadway - August 14, 2016