John Logan’s two-man drama is a thrilling look at the artistic process and also a fascinating biographical sketch of a methodical painter who defied the stereotype of the reckless artist. Those who consider abstract art puzzling will likely find Red quite illuminating, and everybody can appreciate the dynamic performances being given by Molina and by Eddie Redmayne, who plays Rothko’s young assistant, a budding artist with a terrifying past.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- New York State Assembly Bans Ticket Buying Bots - June 23, 2016
- “Hamilton” Wins Tony for Best Musical, “The Humans” Wins Best Play - June 13, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” Earns Raves and Nominations - May 12, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for “Tuck Everlasting” on Broadway - May 7, 2016
- “American Psycho” Earns Mixed Reviews but Sweeps Drama Desk Nominations - April 29, 2016