John Logan’s two-man drama is a thrilling look at the artistic process and also a fascinating biographical sketch of a methodical painter who defied the stereotype of the reckless artist. Those who consider abstract art puzzling will likely find Red quite illuminating, and everybody can appreciate the dynamic performances being given by Molina and by Eddie Redmayne, who plays Rothko’s young assistant, a budding artist with a terrifying past.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- Lynn Nottage’s Broadway Debut “Sweat” Opens - March 25, 2017
- “Groundhog Day: the Musical” Arrives on Broadway - March 19, 2017
- Danny DeVito Stars in Arthur Miller’s “The Price” - February 17, 2017
- “Sunday in the Park with George” Begins Previews - February 11, 2017
- “The Lion King” and “Aladdin” Face Huge Competition From “Frozen” and “Harry Potter” - January 12, 2017