John Logan’s two-man drama is a thrilling look at the artistic process and also a fascinating biographical sketch of a methodical painter who defied the stereotype of the reckless artist. Those who consider abstract art puzzling will likely find Red quite illuminating, and everybody can appreciate the dynamic performances being given by Molina and by Eddie Redmayne, who plays Rothko’s young assistant, a budding artist with a terrifying past.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- The Public Theater Gets on Anti-Trump Bandwagon - June 22, 2017
- “Marvin’s Room” Finally Finds Its Way to Broadway - June 8, 2017
- “A Doll’s House, Part 2” Opens to Rave Reviews - June 3, 2017
- “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” a Critical Flop - May 14, 2017
- Kevin Spacey to Host Tony Awards on June 11th - April 21, 2017