John Logan’s two-man drama is a thrilling look at the artistic process and also a fascinating biographical sketch of a methodical painter who defied the stereotype of the reckless artist. Those who consider abstract art puzzling will likely find Red quite illuminating, and everybody can appreciate the dynamic performances being given by Molina and by Eddie Redmayne, who plays Rothko’s young assistant, a budding artist with a terrifying past.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Broadway in Bryant Park” Series Begins July 12th - July 12, 2018
- Kelli O’Hara and Will Chase to Star in “Kiss Me, Kate” - July 7, 2018
- Celebrated Revival of “The Iceman Cometh” Closes - June 30, 2018
- Acclaimed Revival of “Three Tall Women” Closes - June 23, 2018
- “The Prom” Landing on Broadway This Fall - June 15, 2018