Broadway producers Jerry Frankel and Jeffrey Richards will be honored by the Ensemble Studio Theatre at its 45th Anniversary Gala, being held at SIR Stage 37 (508 W. 37th Street) on May 20. The evening will begin with a 6:30pm cocktail reception, followed by a live show at 8.
Numerous Broadway performers and creatives are scheduled to appear in the gala event, which will be hosted by director Jerry Zaks. Candice Bergen, Chris Noth, Norm Lewis, Laura Osnes (currently enchanting Broadway audiences in Cinderella), Jekyll & Hyde composer Frank Wildhorn, playwright David Mamet, songwriter Duncan Sheik (Spring Awakening), Elizabeth Ashley, and director/choregrapher Kathleen Marshall will be among the participants. Cast members from the 2009 production of the musical Hair will also perform.
“All of us at EST are proud to be honoring two of Broadway’s most illustrious producers, who have a record of producing many new plays and musicals that originated in not-for-profit theatres like ours,” stated Ensemble Studio Theatre artistic director William Carden. “Proceeds support EST’s own productions of new plays, which have increased markedly in the past five years with tremendous growth in box office revenue, greater recognition for EST artists, and a higher profile for our theatre.”
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Father” Earns Mixed Reviews on Broadway - April 16, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” Begins Previews at the Music Box Theatre - March 24, 2016
- Roundabout Theatre Company’s “Noises Off” Closes - March 20, 2016
- Steve Martin and Edie Brickell’s Musical “Bright Star” Begins Previews - March 3, 2016
- “Late Show with Stephen Colbert” Post-Super Bowl Ratings Surge - February 11, 2016