Broadway producers Jerry Frankel and Jeffrey Richards will be honored by the Ensemble Studio Theatre at its 45th Anniversary Gala, being held at SIR Stage 37 (508 W. 37th Street) on May 20. The evening will begin with a 6:30pm cocktail reception, followed by a live show at 8.
Numerous Broadway performers and creatives are scheduled to appear in the gala event, which will be hosted by director Jerry Zaks. Candice Bergen, Chris Noth, Norm Lewis, Laura Osnes (currently enchanting Broadway audiences in Cinderella), Jekyll & Hyde composer Frank Wildhorn, playwright David Mamet, songwriter Duncan Sheik (Spring Awakening), Elizabeth Ashley, and director/choregrapher Kathleen Marshall will be among the participants. Cast members from the 2009 production of the musical Hair will also perform.
“All of us at EST are proud to be honoring two of Broadway’s most illustrious producers, who have a record of producing many new plays and musicals that originated in not-for-profit theatres like ours,” stated Ensemble Studio Theatre artistic director William Carden. “Proceeds support EST’s own productions of new plays, which have increased markedly in the past five years with tremendous growth in box office revenue, greater recognition for EST artists, and a higher profile for our theatre.”
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Illusionists – Turn of the Century” Begins - November 25, 2016
- Kristin Chenoweth’s “Love Letter to Broadway” Closes - November 17, 2016
- A Cappella Musical “In Transit” Begins Previews - November 11, 2016
- Eighteen Broadway Shows Go Dark For Election Day - November 8, 2016
- New York TV Shows Presidential Election Coverage - November 7, 2016