Two of Broadway’s favorite performers, Kristin Chenoweth and Matthew Broderick, will star opposite each other in an upcoming TV comedy pilot for CBS. The new show does not yet have a title.
The television show, to be directed by TV legend James Burrows (Cheers, Frasier, Friends), is about widowed father Jack (Matthew Broderick), a man who is trying to get back into the dating game while also raising a 12-year-old son. Kristin Chenoweth will co-star as Jack’s sister Marnie, a waitress.
Both Broderick and Chenoweth are Tony Award winning performers with plenty of Broadway experience. Broderick got his start as a young man on Broadway in Brighton Beach Memoirs and Biloxi Blues in the mid-’80s and is currently headlining the Broadway musical Nice Work If You Can Get It. Chenoweth became a star with her Tony winning featured role in You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown in 1999 and solidified her reputation as a Broadway star in Wicked in 2003.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Peter Pan Musical To Be Aired Live on TV - February 15, 2014
- NYC Super Bowl Event Will Feature Jersey Boys - January 24, 2014
- Kinky Boots To Launch Tour in Vegas - January 19, 2014
- Macbeth Closes on Broadway - January 12, 2014
- Hugh Jackman Cuts Ties With Broadway Bound Houdini - January 10, 2014