Two of Broadway’s favorite performers, Kristin Chenoweth and Matthew Broderick, will star opposite each other in an upcoming TV comedy pilot for CBS. The new show does not yet have a title.
The television show, to be directed by TV legend James Burrows (Cheers, Frasier, Friends), is about widowed father Jack (Matthew Broderick), a man who is trying to get back into the dating game while also raising a 12-year-old son. Kristin Chenoweth will co-star as Jack’s sister Marnie, a waitress.
Both Broderick and Chenoweth are Tony Award winning performers with plenty of Broadway experience. Broderick got his start as a young man on Broadway in Brighton Beach Memoirs and Biloxi Blues in the mid-’80s and is currently headlining the Broadway musical Nice Work If You Can Get It. Chenoweth became a star with her Tony winning featured role in You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown in 1999 and solidified her reputation as a Broadway star in Wicked in 2003.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017
- “Jitney” Opens on Broadway to Rave Reviews - January 21, 2017
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017