Popular daytime talk show host Wendy Williams is the latest celebrity to make their Broadway debut in the long-running hit revival of the musical Chicago, playing at the Ambassador Theatre. Williams will take on the part of the brassy prison matron Mama Morton.
Wendy Williams will perform for just seven weeks, starting June 25 and then ending her time in the popular show on August 11. She will be taking over the role of Mama Morton from actress Christine Pedi.
An author and columnist, Wendy Williams has been well known by radio listeners for years. She began reaching an even wider audience in 2009 when she began her nationally syndicated talk show The Wendy Williams Show.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Forest Whitaker to Make Broadway Debut in “Hughie” - August 29, 2015
- “It Shoulda Been You” Closes on Broadway - August 11, 2015
- “On the Twentieth Century” Closes on Broadway - July 25, 2015
- “Hamilton” Begins Previews on Broadway - July 18, 2015
- Silvercup Studios to Open New Bronx Location - July 10, 2015