The short-lived Broadway musical High Fidelity, which played only 13 post-opening performances in 2006 before shuttering, will get a revival of sorts next month at the popular cabaret venue 54 Below. On May 19 and 20 at 9:30pm, original Broadway production cast members Jenn Colella and Will Chase will reunite there for a concert performance of the show.
The 54 Below High Fidelity concert staging, directed by Leigh Silverman will also feature Broadway performers Mario Cantone (Assassins), Ana Gasteyer (Wicked), and Adam Chanler-Berat (Peter and the Starcatcher). For one night only, May 19, The Indigo Girls will also participate.
High Fidelity songwriters Amanda Green (Hands on a Hardbody) and Tom Kitt (Next To Normal), will also be on hand for the concert event. The cover charge for the performance is $30-$40, plus there is a $25 food and/or beverage minimum. Visit 54Below.com for ticket information.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Inside the Actors Studio” Becomes First TV Show in NYC to Sell Tickets - November 26, 2015
- “School of Rock – The Musical” Begins Previews - November 24, 2015
- “Lord of the Dance: Dangerous Games” Starts at the Lyric Theatre - November 14, 2015
- “Sylvia” by A.R. Gurney Opens at the Cort Theatre - November 6, 2015
- “Misery” Begins Previews at the Broadhurst Theatre - October 30, 2015