The short-lived Broadway musical High Fidelity, which played only 13 post-opening performances in 2006 before shuttering, will get a revival of sorts next month at the popular cabaret venue 54 Below. On May 19 and 20 at 9:30pm, original Broadway production cast members Jenn Colella and Will Chase will reunite there for a concert performance of the show.
The 54 Below High Fidelity concert staging, directed by Leigh Silverman will also feature Broadway performers Mario Cantone (Assassins), Ana Gasteyer (Wicked), and Adam Chanler-Berat (Peter and the Starcatcher). For one night only, May 19, The Indigo Girls will also participate.
High Fidelity songwriters Amanda Green (Hands on a Hardbody) and Tom Kitt (Next To Normal), will also be on hand for the concert event. The cover charge for the performance is $30-$40, plus there is a $25 food and/or beverage minimum. Visit 54Below.com for ticket information.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “On Your Feet!” to Play Its Final Performance - August 17, 2017
- “Natasha, Pierre” to Close Due to Casting Debacle - August 11, 2017
- SNL’s Weekend Update Subleases a Primetime Slot - August 8, 2017
- “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” Has Been Cast - August 6, 2017
- Hal Prince Retrospective “Prince of Broadway” Begins - August 3, 2017