The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Jimmy Buffett’s “Escape to Margaritaville” Begins Previews - February 15, 2018
- “Latin History for Morons” Recoups - February 9, 2018
- “Pretty Woman,” “Tootsie”: Upcoming Movie Musicals - February 4, 2018
- Lucy Kirkwood’s “The Children” Concludes Run - February 1, 2018
- Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz Team Up in “Waitress” - January 26, 2018