The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Jersey Boys” Ends Extraordinary Broadway Run - January 15, 2017
- Frozen and Harry Potter Head To Broadway - January 10, 2017
- “The Color Purple” and “Falsettos” Conclude - January 7, 2017
- “Fiddler on the Roof” Closes on New Year’s Eve - December 31, 2016
- ATG Brings Changes to Hudson Theatre Ticketing - December 23, 2016