The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Doctor Zhivago” Concludes Run Early - May 25, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/17/2015 - May 20, 2015
- “Wolf Hall” Steady at the Box Office after Eight Tony Nominations - May 14, 2015
- “Living on Love” Closes After One Month - May 6, 2015
- “Fun Home” Begins Broadway Previews - April 29, 2015