The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Lauded Revival of “Angels in America” Closes - July 14, 2018
- Stephen Payne Replaces Lead in “Straight White Men” - July 5, 2018
- Young Jean Lee’s “Straight White Men” Begins Previews - June 28, 2018
- Broadway-Bound “Cher Show” Launches in Chicago - June 21, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Concludes Run - June 14, 2018