The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Anastasia” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - May 26, 2017
- “Sunday in the Park with George” Completes Run - May 19, 2017
- Lillian Hellman’s “The Little Foxes” is a Critical Hit! - May 11, 2017
- “Groundhog Day” Opens to Rave Reviews - May 4, 2017
- “Present Laughter” Earns Generally Positive Reviews - April 27, 2017