The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Harvey Weinstein’s “Finding Neverland” Begins Previews - March 24, 2015
- Neil Patrick Harris to Host New NBC Variety Show - March 4, 2015
- Jon Stewart to Leave “The Daily Show” - February 18, 2015
- Sting Joins the Cast of “The Last Ship” - December 14, 2014
- Broadway Holiday Schedule Xmas 2014 - December 6, 2014