The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Father” Earns Mixed Reviews on Broadway - April 16, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” Begins Previews at the Music Box Theatre - March 24, 2016
- Roundabout Theatre Company’s “Noises Off” Closes - March 20, 2016
- Steve Martin and Edie Brickell’s Musical “Bright Star” Begins Previews - March 3, 2016
- “Late Show with Stephen Colbert” Post-Super Bowl Ratings Surge - February 11, 2016