The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Rent” to Return for 20th Anniversary Tour - August 27, 2016
- Julie Taymor of “The Lion King” to Direct “M. Butterfly” - August 21, 2016
- “Motown” to Close Abruptly Days After Opening - July 22, 2016
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cats” Prowls onto Broadway - July 16, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Closes on Broadway - July 6, 2016