The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Bandstand” Closes after Low Ticket Sales - September 21, 2017
- Bernadette Peters is Next Up in “Hello, Dolly!” - September 8, 2017
- “Great Comet” Closes Amid Casting Controversy - August 31, 2017
- “Prince of Broadway” Opens to Negative Reviews - August 25, 2017
- “On Your Feet!” to Play Its Final Performance - August 17, 2017