The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Our Mother’s Brief Affair” and “Noises Off” Open - January 23, 2016
- Lion King and Hamilton Online Ticket Lotteries Begin - January 6, 2016
- “Noises Off” Begins Previews at the American Airlines Theatre - January 2, 2016
- 2015/2016 New Year Holiday Broadway Show Schedule - December 22, 2015
- “The Illusionists: Live on Broadway” – The Magic is Back - December 12, 2015