The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Oh, Hello on Broadway” Opens to Mixed Reviews - October 20, 2016
- “The Encounter” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - October 14, 2016
- Broadway Plays Leap Over Musicals as the Fall Season Gets Underway - October 12, 2016
- SNL Season 42 Starts With Record Viewership With Trump Clinton Sketch - October 3, 2016
- “The Front Page” Begins Previews at the Broadhurst Theatre - October 1, 2016