The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Paula Vogel’s “Indecent” Earns Rave Reviews - April 22, 2017
- Sam Gold’s “A Doll’s House, Part 2” Begins Previews - April 12, 2017
- Cynthia Nixon, Laura Linney Star in “The Little Foxes” - April 6, 2017
- Cate Blanchett Completes Broadway Debut in “The Present” - March 28, 2017
- “Miss Saigon” Opens to Mixed Reviews - March 24, 2017