The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Motown” to Close Abruptly Days After Opening - July 22, 2016
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cats” Prowls onto Broadway - July 16, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Closes on Broadway - July 6, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” to Close Abruptly Following Tony Snub - June 24, 2016
- “American Psycho” Closes at $8.8 Million Loss - June 5, 2016