The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Kenneth Lonergan’s “Lobby Hero” Concludes Run - May 18, 2018
- The 2018 Tony Nominations Have Been Announced! - May 2, 2018
- Broadway Industry Steady as Spring Season Settles - April 25, 2018
- “Farinelli and the King” Recoups Investment - April 19, 2018
- “Saint Joan” Begins Starring Condola Rashad - April 12, 2018