The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Inside the Actors Studio” Becomes First TV Show in NYC to Sell Tickets - November 26, 2015
- “School of Rock – The Musical” Begins Previews - November 24, 2015
- “Lord of the Dance: Dangerous Games” Starts at the Lyric Theatre - November 14, 2015
- “Sylvia” by A.R. Gurney Opens at the Cort Theatre - November 6, 2015
- “Misery” Begins Previews at the Broadhurst Theatre - October 30, 2015