The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Tony Winner “Dear Evan Hansen” Enters Profits - July 20, 2017
- Best Play Winner “Oslo” Closes on Sunday, July 16th - July 13, 2017
- “Oslo” and “A Doll’s House, Part 2” Extend - July 7, 2017
- “The Little Foxes” Closes as Critical, not B.O., Hit - July 2, 2017
- “1984” Stage Play Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 30, 2017