The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Significant Other,” by Joshua Harmon, Begins Previews - February 16, 2017
- Glenn Close Earns Raves in “Sunset Boulevard” - February 10, 2017
- NBC Upheavals Begin, Network Makes Way For “The Megyn Kelly Morning Show” - February 2, 2017
- Oprah Returns To Broadcast TV on “60 Minutes” - February 1, 2017
- “Oh, Hello on Broadway” Completes Its Run - January 27, 2017