The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Band’s Visit” Opens to Rave Reviews - November 17, 2017
- “SpongeBob SquarePants” Musical Begins Previews - November 9, 2017
- Ayad Akhtar’s “Junk” Earns Mixed to Positive Reviews - November 3, 2017
- “The Lion King” to Hold Lottery for Free Show! - October 27, 2017
- “Harry Potter” Opens Complicated Ticket Sales - October 18, 2017