The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Shuffle Along” to Close Abruptly Following Tony Snub - June 24, 2016
- “American Psycho” Closes at $8.8 Million Loss - June 5, 2016
- When Broadway Shows Struggle Financially, Producers Get Creative - May 22, 2016
- Tina Fey’s “Mean Girls” Destined for Broadway - May 15, 2016
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson Opens “Fully Committed” - May 5, 2016