The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen - Broadway Show Maven (see all)
- Hugh Jackman to Host the 2014 Tony Awards, Sunday June 8, 2014 - March 8, 2014
- Broadway Stars at the 2014 Oscars - March 3, 2014
- Heterosexual Males Prove To Be An Elusive Audience For Broadway Producers - February 25, 2014
- Dodger Theatricals’ Matilda Offers Discount Tickets At The TKTS Booth, But Nowhere Else - February 24, 2014
- Broadway Understudy Documentary Coming Soon to Theaters - February 17, 2014