The first major casualty of the new Spring shows, Hands on a Hardbody closes at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre today. The new Broadway musical concludes after having played 28 preview performances and just 28 regular performances.
Inspired by a 1997 documentary that captured a real-life competition in which small town Texans competed for a brand new pickup truck by seeing who could keep their hands on it the longest, Hands on a Hardbody had music by Amanda Green and Trey Anastasio, lyrics by Amanda Green, and a book by Doug Wright.
The cast of the Broadway production of Hands on a Hardbody featured Keith Carradine (previously seen on Broadway in The Will Rogers Follies), Hunter Foster (Little Shop of Horrors, Urinetown), and Keala Settle.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Illusionists – Turn of the Century” Begins - November 25, 2016
- Kristin Chenoweth’s “Love Letter to Broadway” Closes - November 17, 2016
- A Cappella Musical “In Transit” Begins Previews - November 11, 2016
- Eighteen Broadway Shows Go Dark For Election Day - November 8, 2016
- New York TV Shows Presidential Election Coverage - November 7, 2016