A few of Broadway’s best will share their talents in London on April 28 at the annual Olivier Awards, which honor distinguished achievement in West End professional theater. Idina Menzel (Wicked), Matthew Morrison (South Pacific, Hairspray, TV’s Glee), and Heather Headley (Aida) will be among the Broadway stars performing at the Olivier Awards ceremony.
Pop and theater star Petula Clark is also scheduled to perform, as well as the full casts of productions of Top Hat and A Chorus Line. Hugh Bonneville (Downton Abbey) and Sheridan Smith will serve as the evening’s hosts.
The Olivier Awards will be held at the Royal Opera House and are set to be broadcast live on BBC Radio 2. The line-up of theater luminaries set to present awards during the ceremony include Daniel Radcliffe (recently seen on Broadway in How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying), Kim Cattrall, and Damian Lewis (TV’s Homeland).
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Harry Potter” Opens Complicated Ticket Sales - October 18, 2017
- “Time and the Conways” Earns Mixed Reviews - October 13, 2017
- “Springsteen on Broadway” Solo Concert Begins - October 6, 2017
- Hamilton, Springsteen, Harry Potter Use ‘Verified Fan’ Ticket Sale Program - September 30, 2017
- “A Doll’s House, Part 2” Closes Several Months Early - September 27, 2017