The rumors that have been swirling for the last few weeks that real-life husband and wife Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz will star on Broadway together have finally been confirmed. Craig and Weisz will play married couple Robert and Emma in a new revival of Harold Pinter’s drama Betrayal. They will be joined onstage by Rafe Spall, playing Robert’s best friend, Jerry.
The three-person Betrayal, perhaps playwright Pinter’s best known work, tells the story of a love affair in reverse order. The play had its original Broadway production in 1979, with its most recent Broadway revival taking place in 2000.
This new production of Betrayal, produced by Scott Rudin, will be under the direction of Mike Nichols, whose recent Broadway directing credits are as varied as Spamalot and the acclaimed Death of a Salesman revival. Betrayal will have a limited engagement at the Barrymore Theatre from October 1, 2013 to January 5, 2014.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Our Mother’s Brief Affair” and “Noises Off” Open - January 23, 2016
- Lion King and Hamilton Online Ticket Lotteries Begin - January 6, 2016
- “Noises Off” Begins Previews at the American Airlines Theatre - January 2, 2016
- 2015/2016 New Year Holiday Broadway Show Schedule - December 22, 2015
- “The Illusionists: Live on Broadway” – The Magic is Back - December 12, 2015