After many productions on the regional theater scene, Always … Patsy Cline will finally make it to Broadway this summer in a new production starring Crystal Bowersox (a fan favorite during her season on American Idol) and Annette O’Toole. The production, directed by John Rando, is expected to begin previews in July with an opening in August.
“Crystal is the ideal performer to portray Patsy Cline,” said producer Jeff Cohen in a statement. “In what amounts to a ‘life-imitates-art’ twist, Patsy Cline was discovered on the Arthur Godfrey Show, the number one TV talent show of its day. And Crystal was discovered on American Idol, the number one TV talent show today.”
Always … Patsy Cline relates the friendship between country icon Cline and devoted fan Louise Seger, who narrates the musical. Dozens of Patsy Cline classics are included in the show, including “Walkin’ After Midnight,” “I Fall to Pieces,” “Crazy,” and “Back In Baby’s Arms”.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Bandstand” Closes after Low Ticket Sales - September 21, 2017
- Bernadette Peters is Next Up in “Hello, Dolly!” - September 8, 2017
- “Great Comet” Closes Amid Casting Controversy - August 31, 2017
- “Prince of Broadway” Opens to Negative Reviews - August 25, 2017
- “On Your Feet!” to Play Its Final Performance - August 17, 2017