In the lead up to its one-year anniversary on Broadway March 29, Newsies is celebrating by offering the tickets distributed in its pre-show lottery for free for an entire week. Newsies is offering these free tickets as a thank you to the musical’s ardent fan base.
The lottery tickets, which will be for a limited number of orchestra seats, will be free of charge starting with the lotto for the evening performance on March 23 through the evening performance on March 29. The Newsies lottery begins accepting entries two and a half hours prior to each performance, with the actual drawing taking place two hours before the performance. One entry is accepted per person, and one person can have up to two tickets. A valid ID must be presented. The lottery is held at the show’s theater, the Nederlander Theatre, located at 208 W. 41st Street.
Newsies will also be celebrating its one-year Broadway anniversary on TV with an appearance on Good Morning America on April 1. The Newsies cast will do a special performance of “Carrying the Banner” in which they will perform the song as they walk from the Nederlander Theatre to GMA’s studio, located in Times Square.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- How Will The Juggernaut Harry Potter Fare Against NYC Broadway Shows - April 18, 2017
- “Amélie” Musical Disappoints Fans of the Film - April 15, 2017
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017