Several Broadway singers and actors have signed on to perform in a one-night-only reading of Thornton Wilder’s Pulitzer Prize-winning play Our Town as a fundraiser for The Actors Fund. The reading, which commemorates the 75th anniversary of Wilder’s beloved drama, will take place at John Jay College’s Gerald R. Lynch Theatre on March 4.
Blythe Danner, Rebecca Luker, Celia Keenan-Bolger, Adriane Lenox, B.D. Wong, Julia Murney, and Martin Moran are among the talented Broadway performers who will take part in the Our Town reading. Peter Flynn will serve as director.
Tickets to the Our Town benefit are priced at $75, $100, and $150. To buy tickets, call 212-221-7300 ext. 133 or go to www.actorsfund.org. The Actors Fund is dedicated to helping both performers and behind-the-scenes personnel who work in entertainment and the performing arts.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013