The winners of the 55th Annual Grammy Awards have been announced, and the Best Musical Tony Award-winning Once came out on top with the Best Musical Theater Album honor. Produced by Steven Epstein and Martin Lowe (also the show’s music supervisor and Tony winning orchestrator), the original cast recording was released on the Masterworks label and features the talents of singers Steve Kazee and Cristin Milioti, among others. The show’s songs were written by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova.
Once‘s competition in the Grammy’s Musical Theater Album category were four other Broadway show recordings. Among them were the albums for last season’s acclaimed revivals of Follies and Porgy and Bess, both on the PS Classics label. The other nominated Broadway show recordings were the current hit Broadway musicals, Newsies and Nice Work If You Can Get It.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Our Mother’s Brief Affair” and “Noises Off” Open - January 23, 2016
- Lion King and Hamilton Online Ticket Lotteries Begin - January 6, 2016
- “Noises Off” Begins Previews at the American Airlines Theatre - January 2, 2016
- 2015/2016 New Year Holiday Broadway Show Schedule - December 22, 2015
- “The Illusionists: Live on Broadway” – The Magic is Back - December 12, 2015