The performance of Jersey Boys at the August Wilson Theatre tonight marks a major milestone for the hit Broadway musical. Jersey Boys will be having its 3,000th performance, which is quite a feat for a Broadway show.
Although it began previews quietly, Jersey Boys quickly began generating buzz when it came to Broadway in 2005 and opened to great reviews. The Tony Award winning mega-hit is #18 on the list of longest-running shows in the history of Broadway.
Jersey Boys tells the true-life story of the formation and success of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, the pop group responsible for numerous hit songs, including “Big Girls Don’t Cry,” “Sherry,” “Walk Like a Man,” and “Oh What a Night”. The production’s original Frankie Valli, John Lloyd Young, recently returned to Jersey Boys on Broadway, and is currently singing
alongside Matt Bogart, Jeremy Kushnier, and Drew Gehling.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Our Mother’s Brief Affair” and “Noises Off” Open - January 23, 2016
- Lion King and Hamilton Online Ticket Lotteries Begin - January 6, 2016
- “Noises Off” Begins Previews at the American Airlines Theatre - January 2, 2016
- 2015/2016 New Year Holiday Broadway Show Schedule - December 22, 2015
- “The Illusionists: Live on Broadway” – The Magic is Back - December 12, 2015