Actress Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty, The Help), currently starring on Broadway in the revival of the drama The Heiress, will soon take on another classic play, though this time it will be on film. Chastain is set to star opposite film actor Colin Farrell (Total Recall) in a new movie adaptation of August Strindberg’s 1956 play Miss Julie.
Directed by Liv Ullmann, the new Miss Julie film will feature Jessica Chastain in the role of a count’s daughter who becomes flirtatious with a footman (played by Farrell). What seems innocent at first becomes potentially dangerous as the two engage in a psychological power struggle.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Natasha, Pierre” Sees Boost from Tony Nominations - May 16, 2017
- Bette Midler in “Hello, Dolly!” Opens with a Bang - May 12, 2017
- “Indecent” Wows Critics But Struggles at Box Office - May 5, 2017
- New Musical “War Paint” Earns Mixed Reviews - April 28, 2017
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Begins Performances - April 20, 2017