Actress Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty, The Help), currently starring on Broadway in the revival of the drama The Heiress, will soon take on another classic play, though this time it will be on film. Chastain is set to star opposite film actor Colin Farrell (Total Recall) in a new movie adaptation of August Strindberg’s 1956 play Miss Julie.
Directed by Liv Ullmann, the new Miss Julie film will feature Jessica Chastain in the role of a count’s daughter who becomes flirtatious with a footman (played by Farrell). What seems innocent at first becomes potentially dangerous as the two engage in a psychological power struggle.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Thérèse Raquin” Opens at Roundabout’s Studio 54 Theatre - November 7, 2015
- “Dames at Sea” Opens at the Helen Hayes Theatre - November 3, 2015
- “Old Times” Opens at the American Airlines Theatre - October 16, 2015
- “On Your Feet!” Musical Begins Previews on Broadway - October 11, 2015
- “Spring Awakening” Opens at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre - September 30, 2015