Actress Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty, The Help), currently starring on Broadway in the revival of the drama The Heiress, will soon take on another classic play, though this time it will be on film. Chastain is set to star opposite film actor Colin Farrell (Total Recall) in a new movie adaptation of August Strindberg’s 1956 play Miss Julie.
Directed by Liv Ullmann, the new Miss Julie film will feature Jessica Chastain in the role of a count’s daughter who becomes flirtatious with a footman (played by Farrell). What seems innocent at first becomes potentially dangerous as the two engage in a psychological power struggle.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017
- Jordan Klepper Set For His Own Show on Comedy Central - November 29, 2016
- “Alton Brown: Eat Your Science” Plays Limited Run - November 27, 2016
- “Hamilton” Goes Off-Script for Mike Pence Ambush - November 20, 2016