Broadway has another round of closings today, headed by the very successful limited-run revival of David Mamet’s Glengarry Glen Ross starring Al Pacino. Though Pacino’s turn in the play got a mixed reception from critics, the production sold extremely well at the box office, proving that Al Pacino continues to be a big draw for Broadway theatergoers.
The second of today’s closings is another limited engagement, the Lincoln Center Theater production of the Clifford Odets’ 1937 play Golden Boy, directed by Bartlett Sher. This Broadway revival was one of the more under-the-radar entries this season, opening in December amidst the holiday bustle. The boxing drama, which stars Seth Numrich, Tony Shalhoub, Daniel Jenkins, Danny Burstein, Anthony Crivello, Sean Cullen, and David Wohl, ends its run at the Belasco Theatre today.
Finally, Peter and the Starcatcher is also ending its Broadway run. The play with music, which received several Tony Award nominations and enjoyed positive word-of-mouth, started out Off-Broadway before transferring to Broadway in March 2012. And it was recently announced that there is life after Broadway for Peter as the production will soon transfer to New World Stages for another Off-Broadway run.
Latest posts by Michael Tubbs (see all)
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 10/15/17 - October 17, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 10/08/17 - October 10, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 10/01/17 - October 4, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 09/24/17 - September 28, 2017
- Broadway Show Ticket Analysis Chart w/e 09/17/17 - September 20, 2017