Former heavyweight champion, frequent controversy stirrer, and occasional actor Mike Tyson is now making his Broadway debut. Tyson will star on Broadway in a one-man show, Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth, during a very limited run at the Longacre Theatre. Also making his Broadway debut is Spike Lee, who will serve as the show’s director.
“It’s about me being on stage and being pretty raw. Not necessarily raw in a vulgar sense … I’m just naked and vulnerable,” said Mike Tyson in a press conference about the show, which will cover everything from his boxing career to his financial woes and time in prison. Tyson already debuted the show in Las Vegas this past April during a week-long stint at the MGM Grand.
Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth is scheduled to play just six nights, from July 31 to August 5. Tickets range from $74.50 for balcony seats to $198.50 for orchestra center. Big Mike Tyson fans may want to splurge on the VIP Tyson Meet & Greet Package, which, for $299.50, gets you an in-person meeting and photo with the boxing champ.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Lauded Revival of “Angels in America” Closes - July 14, 2018
- Stephen Payne Replaces Lead in “Straight White Men” - July 5, 2018
- Young Jean Lee’s “Straight White Men” Begins Previews - June 28, 2018
- Broadway-Bound “Cher Show” Launches in Chicago - June 21, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Concludes Run - June 14, 2018