On March 18, Broadway Backwards is back. Now in its eighth year, the popular concert fundraiser is scheduled to be presented at Broadway’s Palace Theatre, currently home to the revival of the musical Annie. The gimmick of Broadway Backwards is that it allows female singers to take on songs traditionally sung by men while male performers get to sing songs usually sung by women.
The performers planning to participate in Broadway Backwards haven’t been announced yet, but the event always draws a number of Broadway pros eager to belt out songs that they never get to sing in shows because of their gender. The event will be directed and choreographed by Robert Bartley, who created Broadway Backwards. Amy Jones will serve as co-choreographer.
Tickets for Broadway Backwards start at $75. Order now by calling 212-840-0770 ext. 268 or by going to www.broadwaycares.org. If you buy VIP tickets, you will get premium seats and admission to the post-show cast party. “Backstage and Beyond” ticket packages offer the chance to see the dress rehearsal of the event, along with backstage access, a meet and greet with the stars, and premium seats for the performance.
Proceeds from Broadway Backwards will go to Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS and the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center of New York City.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Inside the Actors Studio” Becomes First TV Show in NYC to Sell Tickets - November 26, 2015
- “School of Rock – The Musical” Begins Previews - November 24, 2015
- “Lord of the Dance: Dangerous Games” Starts at the Lyric Theatre - November 14, 2015
- “Sylvia” by A.R. Gurney Opens at the Cort Theatre - November 6, 2015
- “Misery” Begins Previews at the Broadhurst Theatre - October 30, 2015