Go backstage tonight at the “Backstage for Christmas: A Holiday Cabaret”, a unique event being held in a rehearsal room in Broadway’s Foxwoods Theatre (home to Spider-man Turn Off the Dark). The event will be an intimate, acoustic evening presented in a cocktail party style and featuring a mix of Broadway performers, favorite holiday songs, and a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the Broadway world.
“Backstage for Christmas” will feature the participation of Broadway singers and actors such as Tituss Burgess (The Little Mermaid), Julia Murney (Wicked), Lindsay Mendez (Godspell), Seth Numrich (Golden Boy), and The Glee Project‘s Ali Stroker. Broadway songwriters Tom Kitt (Next To Normal) and Andrew Lippa (The Addams Family) will also take part, while Mary-Mitchell Campbell will serve as music director.
While enjoying music and refreshments, attendees will also be able to take part in a silent auction (there will be bidding opportunities for backstage tours and Broadway tickets). A special NYC Christmas album will also be available at the cabaret. All of the proceeds from the evening will go to Artists Striving to End Poverty (ASTEP), an organization that puts performing and visual artists in touch with America’s underserved youth in order to help them use imagination and critical thinking to break out of the poverty cycle.
“Backstage for Christmas: A Holiday Cabaret” begins at 6:30pm tonight, December 17. Tickets are $75-$100 and can be purchased here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Blackbird” Begins Previews at the Belasco Theatre - February 7, 2016
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015