You may think you’ve been to the best holiday concert of the season already, but the It Gets Better Project promises “A Better Holiday Concert” tonight from 7 to 10pm at XL Nightclub, located at 512 West 42nd Street. Hosted by The Haus of Mimosa comedy duo, the event will feature a number of Broadway and Off-Broadway performers, including Santino Fontana (soon to be the Prince in Broadway’s Cinderella), Andrew Keenan-Bolger (Newsies), Max von Essen (Evita), Donna Vivino, Condola Rashad, and Randy Harrison.
The It Gets Better Project is dedicated to helping lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender people see “the levels of happiness, potential, and positivity their lives will reach”. All of the proceeds from the ticket sales for the concert will go to the Ali Forney Center, an organization that offers support and services for homeless and runaway LGBTQ youth but saw its drop-in center destroyed by Hurricane Sandy last October.
“A Better Holiday Concert” will start with a cocktail party that begins at 7pm. During the hour-long cocktail reception, the art of photographer Victor Haim will be shown and sold (half of the proceeds from those sales will go to the Ali Forney Center).
Tickets for the concert can be purchased here.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Tony Awards TV Viewership Down 10 Percent Despite Record Breaking Broadway Season - June 10, 2015
- “An Act of God” Opens on Broadway - June 5, 2015
- “It Shoulda Been You” Box Office Unmoved By Reviews - May 28, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/10/2015 - May 12, 2015
- “Doctor Zhivago” Begins Performances - April 22, 2015