It has already been big news that Tom Hanks will be hitting the Broadway stage for the first time in early 2013 in the new play Lucky Guy, but now the names of many of his castmates have also been announced. Hanks will be reunited with Peter Scolari (Magic/Bird, Sly Fox), his co-star on the TV comedy Bosom Buddies, and he was also be joined by Richard Masur (Democracy), Christopher McDonald (Chicago), and Peter Gerety (The Lieutenant of Inishmore).
In Lucky Guy, Tom Hanks plays columnist Mike McAlary. The play was written by the late Nora Ephron, who worked with Hanks in the films Sleepless in Seattle and You’ve Got Mail. Directed by George C. Wolfe, Lucky Guy will start preview performances at the Broadhurst Theatre on March 1, 2013, and then open on April 1.
The cast of Lucky Guy will also include Stephen Tyrone Williams, Danny Mastrogiorgio, Deirdre Lovejoy, Michael Gaston and Dustyn Gulledge.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Time and the Conways” Earns Mixed Reviews - October 13, 2017
- “Springsteen on Broadway” Solo Concert Begins - October 6, 2017
- Hamilton, Springsteen, Harry Potter Use ‘Verified Fan’ Ticket Sale Program - September 30, 2017
- “A Doll’s House, Part 2” Closes Several Months Early - September 27, 2017
- “Bandstand” Closes after Low Ticket Sales - September 21, 2017