Acclaimed young actor Shia LaBeouf (Lawless, Transformers) will make his Broadway debut in the Spring of 2013 in a production of Lyle Kessler’s play Orphans. He will be starring alongside Alec Baldwin (TV’s 30 Rock), who is appearing on Broadway for the first time since 2004, when he was in Twentieth Century.
In the play, Shia LaBeouf will play the role of Treat, the eldest of two orphaned brothers living in an old Philadelphia row house and getting by through thievery. When Treat escalates his criminal activity to kidnapping, the rich man (played by Alec Baldwin) that he kidnaps ends up becoming the father figure that the boys have always wanted.
Under the direction of Daniel Sullivan (Glengarry Glen Ross), Orphans will start previews at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on March 19, 2013, with opening night set for April 7.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Oh, Hello on Broadway” Opens to Mixed Reviews - October 20, 2016
- “The Encounter” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - October 14, 2016
- Broadway Plays Leap Over Musicals as the Fall Season Gets Underway - October 12, 2016
- SNL Season 42 Starts With Record Viewership With Trump Clinton Sketch - October 3, 2016
- “The Front Page” Begins Previews at the Broadhurst Theatre - October 1, 2016