Though her current Broadway role (in David Mamet’s play, The Anarchist, closing December 16) is a non-singing one, Patti Lupone can still be seen showing off her pipes in a new concert now available for viewing online. Filmed during four shows at Provincetown’s Art House this past summer, An Evening With Patti Lupone can be purchased for unlimited viewing for just $10 at www.SethTV.com.
The original Evita, Patti Lupone has won two Tony Awards and is beloved by musical theater fans for her incredible voice. Performer/music director Seth Rudetsky, who accompanied Lupone on piano for the concert and is broadcasting it on his website, said that, “I’ve always been obsessed with Patti and this concert is a dream come true. She sang so many of her classic songs … in the original keys! Her voice is flawless.”
“I did not expect to have as much fun as I did,” said Patti LuPone about the concerts. “It made me feel like I was 20 again, or whatever age I was when I played those parts.” An Evening with Patti Lupone, which also includes a candid interview with Lupone, has a running time of 104 minutes. You can view a three-minute clip of the concert at www.SethTV.com before deciding whether or not to purchase the full viewing.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016