The famed 1950s sitcom The Honeymooners will step onto the musical theater stage in September 2013 at The Old Globe in San Diego. This new musical version of The Honeymooners features a book by Bill Nuss and Dusty Kay, lyrics by Peter Mills, and music by Stephen Weiner. Jerry Mitchell (Hairspray, The Full Monty) will serve as both director and choreographer.
Taking on the iconic role of Ralph Kramden, made famous by Jackie Gleason, is Michael McGrath, the actor who recently won a Tony Award for his performance as a tough guy bootlegger in Nice Work If You Can Get It on Broadway.
The musical features the classic TV show’s beloved characters, Ralph, his wife Alice, Ralph’s best friend Ed Norton and Ed’s wife Trixie. However, the musical’s plot is an original storyline in which Ralph and Ed enter a jingle competition and, surprisingly, they win, bringing the blue collar Brooklyn guys into the world of Madison Avenue.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Jersey Boys” Ends Extraordinary Broadway Run - January 15, 2017
- Frozen and Harry Potter Head To Broadway - January 10, 2017
- “The Color Purple” and “Falsettos” Conclude - January 7, 2017
- “Fiddler on the Roof” Closes on New Year’s Eve - December 31, 2016
- ATG Brings Changes to Hudson Theatre Ticketing - December 23, 2016