On December 10 at 7:30pm, Broadway joins the Hurricane Sandy relief efforts with “Broadway Blows Back”, a benefit concert to raise money for communities in New York and New Jersey that are struggling in the aftermath of Sandy. The event will be held at the Gershwin Theatre, home of Broadway’s Wicked.
The concert’s impressive list of scheduled performers includes a host of Broadway regulars and relative newcomers, including David Hyde Pierce, Patrick Wilson, Christiane Noll, Julia Murney, Eden Espinosa, Ashley Brown, Julie Halston, Max Crumm, Christopher Sieber, Dee Hoty, Jessie Mueller, Natalie Joy Johnson, Raymond J. Lee and several more. Joe Ricci serves as director, and James Lowe is the event’s music director.
Tickets for “Broadway Blows Back” start at $25 and can be purchased here. All of the evening’s proceeds will be donated to charity. 50% of the funds will go to The Tunnel to Towers Foundation, and the other half will go to The Mayor’s Fund for NYC Hurricane Relief.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Band’s Visit” Opens to Rave Reviews - November 17, 2017
- “SpongeBob SquarePants” Musical Begins Previews - November 9, 2017
- Ayad Akhtar’s “Junk” Earns Mixed to Positive Reviews - November 3, 2017
- “The Lion King” to Hold Lottery for Free Show! - October 27, 2017
- “Harry Potter” Opens Complicated Ticket Sales - October 18, 2017