The forthcoming Matilda the Musical has finally found the young ladies who will play the role of the title character — all four of them. Sophia Gennusa, Oona Laurence, Bailey Ryon, and Milly Shapiro are the talented performers who will alternate in the part of the musical’s bright young heroine. Each of the actresses is making her Broadway debut.
Already a big, award-winning hit in London, Matilda the Musical comes to Broadway’s Shubert Theatre this spring. The show will begin its preview performance period on March 4, 2013, with its official Broadway opening set for April 11. The pint-sized performers will be joined onstage by Bertie Carvel, the Olivier Award-winning actor who is going to reprise the role of Miss Trunchbull, which won him so much acclaim in London.
Matilda the Musical has a score by Tim Minchin and a book by Dennis Kelly. Tony winner Matthew Warchus directs the production.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Jordan Klepper Set For His Own Show on Comedy Central - November 29, 2016
- “Alton Brown: Eat Your Science” Plays Limited Run - November 27, 2016
- “Hamilton” Goes Off-Script for Mike Pence Ambush - November 20, 2016
- “Black to the Future” Concludes Performances - November 4, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Gets Rave Reviews on Broadway - October 21, 2016