A new edition of “Broadway Unplugged” is scheduled for Monday, December 3 at 8pm, and the event has announced a list of great Broadway performers who will be taking part. Cheyenne Jackson (The Performers), Laura Osnes (soon to be Broadway’s own Cinderella), Andy Karl (The Mystery of Edwin Drood), Julia Murney (Falling), Orfeh (Legally Blonde), Natalie Toro, William Michals, Jeffry Denman, and Bill Daugherty are currently on the roster. More names are expected to be announced soon.
A New York City theater tradition, “Broadway Unplugged” is produced by Scott Siegel. What makes these concerts different than your average concert featuring Broadway talent is that this one harkens back to the early days of Broadway by having the singers perform without the aid of microphones. In addition to allowing the audience to better appreciate Broadway songs in their pure, un-amplified form, “Broadway Unplugged” also gives its stars a chance to show off their chops by filling the 1,500-seat Town Hall theater space with their voices.
To find out more about “Broadway Unplugged” or to purchase tickets, click here.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015