An Enemy of the People ends its limited run at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre today. This new production of the Henrik Ibsen classic was one of the first new shows of the 2012-2013 Broadway season, but it struggled during much of its run.
Starring Richard Thomas and Boyd Gaines, An Enemy of the People is about a doctor who discovers that a community spa has been contaminated. When he makes this revelation known, though, he’s surprised to find that people are not grateful but rather angry at him, since the spa accounts for most of the town’s revenue.
An Enemy of the People was produced by the Manhattan Theatre Club as its first production of this Broadway season. The play made its first appearance on Broadway in 1895, and prior to this production, the most recent Broadway revival was in 1971.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Shubert Launches New Website TelechargeOffers - July 4, 2014
- Hugh Jackman to Host the 2014 Tony Awards, Sunday June 8, 2014 - March 8, 2014
- Broadway Stars at the 2014 Oscars - March 3, 2014
- Heterosexual Males Prove To Be An Elusive Audience For Broadway Producers - February 25, 2014
- Dodger Theatricals’ Matilda Offers Discount Tickets At The TKTS Booth, But Nowhere Else - February 24, 2014