The Mystery of Edwin Drood officially opens at Studio 54 tonight. Based on an unfinished Charles Dickens story, Edwin Drood takes place in Victorian London, where a romantic and mysterious tale unfolds. In an intriguing and very theatrical nod to the fact that the story was left incomplete due to Dickens death, the musical gives the audience the opportunity to choose the ending.
Theater legend Chita Rivera stars in this production of The Mystery of Edwin Drood, produced by the Roundabout Theatre Company. Also starring in the production is an array of Broadway veterans and promising newcomers, including Will Chase, Gregg Edelman, Jessie Mueller, Stephanie J. Block, Andy Karl, Peter Benson, Jim Walton, and Betsy Wolfe.
Written by Rupert Holmes, The Mystery of Edwin Drood premiered at Shakespeare in the Park in 1985 before going on to a Tony Award-winning Broadway run. Holmes has even written some brand new material for this production.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Inside the Actors Studio” Becomes First TV Show in NYC to Sell Tickets - November 26, 2015
- “School of Rock – The Musical” Begins Previews - November 24, 2015
- “Lord of the Dance: Dangerous Games” Starts at the Lyric Theatre - November 14, 2015
- “Sylvia” by A.R. Gurney Opens at the Cort Theatre - November 6, 2015
- “Misery” Begins Previews at the Broadhurst Theatre - October 30, 2015