The Mystery of Edwin Drood officially opens at Studio 54 tonight. Based on an unfinished Charles Dickens story, Edwin Drood takes place in Victorian London, where a romantic and mysterious tale unfolds. In an intriguing and very theatrical nod to the fact that the story was left incomplete due to Dickens death, the musical gives the audience the opportunity to choose the ending.
Theater legend Chita Rivera stars in this production of The Mystery of Edwin Drood, produced by the Roundabout Theatre Company. Also starring in the production is an array of Broadway veterans and promising newcomers, including Will Chase, Gregg Edelman, Jessie Mueller, Stephanie J. Block, Andy Karl, Peter Benson, Jim Walton, and Betsy Wolfe.
Written by Rupert Holmes, The Mystery of Edwin Drood premiered at Shakespeare in the Park in 1985 before going on to a Tony Award-winning Broadway run. Holmes has even written some brand new material for this production.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Illusionists – Turn of the Century” Begins - November 25, 2016
- Kristin Chenoweth’s “Love Letter to Broadway” Closes - November 17, 2016
- A Cappella Musical “In Transit” Begins Previews - November 11, 2016
- Eighteen Broadway Shows Go Dark For Election Day - November 8, 2016
- New York TV Shows Presidential Election Coverage - November 7, 2016