The Broadway League’s Executive Director Charlotte St. Martin released a statement saying that, “The safety and security of theatregoers and employees is everyone’s primary concern. As a result of the suspension of public transportation by government authorities in preparation for Hurricane Sandy, evening performances will be cancelled tonight, Sunday, October 28th, and Monday evening, October 29th.”
Broadway ticket holders can rest assured that, if they purchased their tickets through Telecharge or Ticketmaster (which handle the ticketing for most Broadway shows) either online or by phone using a credit card, the payment will be automatically refunded back to their card within 10 business days. Anyone who purchased their tickets directly at the theater box office will need to return their tickets to the box office for a refund or to exchange the tickets for a future date.
For any further information about the weather cancellation or about receiving Broadway ticket refunds, click here.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Carousel” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 15, 2018
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 7, 2018
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017
- Check Out the 71st Annual Tony Award Winners! - June 12, 2017