Broadway star Nathan Lane will return to the Great White Way this spring in a new play by Douglas Carter Beane (The Little Dog Laughed, Xanadu) called The Nance. Directed by Jack O’Brien and produced by Lincoln Center Theater, The Nance will begin performances at the Lyceum Theatre on March 21, with opening night set for April 15.
Set in 1930s New York, The Nance is about a popular burlesque sketch performer named Chauncey Miles (Nathan Lane), who plays a stereotypically camp character onstage, but must remain secretive about his real-life homosexuality offstage.
Tony Award-winning actor Nathan Lane was last seen on Broadway in the musical The Addams Family. Among his many other Broadway credits are Guys and Dolls, Waiting For Godot, The Odd Couple, and, of course, the smash hit The Producers. Lane is currently guest starring on TV’s The Good Wife, which films in New York City.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015
- Peter Pan Musical To Be Aired Live on TV - February 15, 2014
- NYC Super Bowl Event Will Feature Jersey Boys - January 24, 2014
- Kinky Boots To Launch Tour in Vegas - January 19, 2014
- Macbeth Closes on Broadway - January 12, 2014