Casting for the Roundabout Theatre Company’s upcoming revival of the William Inge classic Picnic has been announced. The impressive leading cast includes some of New York City theater’s finest actors, as well as some notable film and TV performers. The cast is headed by Ellen Burstyn (TV’s Big Love), Mare Winningham (TV’s Hatfields & McCoys), Maggie Grace (Taken, TV’s Lost), Sebastian Stan (TV’s Once Upon a Time, Talk Radio on Broadway), Reed Birney (TV’s Gossip Girl), and Elizabeth Marvel (Other Desert Cities on Broadway). Ben Rappaport, Madeleine Martin, Cassie Beck, Maddie Corman, and Chris Perfetti will also star in Picnic.
Picnic, an American classic set during a hot Labor Day in the Heartland, originally opened on Broadway in 1953. The Pulitzer Prize-winning play went on to be preserved in a famous film starring William Holden and Kim Novak.
Under the direction of Sam Gold, Picnic will begin performances at the American Airlines Theatre on December 14, with an official Broadway opening set for January 13, 2013. Tickets can be purchased at roundabouttheatre.org or by calling 212-719-1300.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Springsteen Extends; “M. Butterfly” Closes Early - December 14, 2017
- Sara Bareilles Revisits Waitress; Jason Mraz Extends - December 9, 2017
- Mark Rylance Begins in “Farinelli and the King” - December 8, 2017
- Steve Martin’s “Meteor Shower” Earns Mixed Reviews - December 2, 2017
- “Home for the Holidays” is a Surefire Flop - November 24, 2017